Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Thing About Stories

I like to read simple stories.  I like cute couples, the occasional drama.  I want a story that will make me think more, about the meaning of life, the consequences of an action, that the last page is just the opening to the next part of the story.  It is not hard to please me, but it is easy to annoy me.  I try to read everything with an open mind, because it is like meeting a new friend.  I like to take the time to absorb the words and the events, getting to know the characters little by little, have them grow on me.  Of course, by the end of it all, I will either love the characters or hate them.

The thing about stories is… they distract me from real life.  It’s just a distraction.  I’m too cynical to think anything of the sort will happen to me, and that is why I read.  To be free from reality, to be unnecessarily happy for a brief moment.

Life is sad right now.  No internship, just games that no one wants to play with me.  I have little motivation because I’m just in so much debt.  I wonder if, a year from now, I will be in the same place or where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment