Friday, April 19, 2013

The First Grain

I've never really had a blog.  What do I write about?

I'll start with who I am: I write as a hobby.  I want to be published, and I used to have dreams of finding a publishing.  Except I fear my stories will be altered, since even I know it should be on some parts, and then there's the cover.  I like to have control over every aspect of my life.  But decisions are difficult to make, so if someone directs me, I would feel less pressure.  I tend to be contradicting, and a total hypocrite.  But I try to be nice and not a know-it-all (of course, I can be really mean).

I am first and foremost a landscape architect.  What is landscape architecture?  It is not civil engineering, horticulture, architecture... it is almost a combination of all of that.  Landscape architects look at the land and attempt to beautify it, to create a space for humans to enjoy.  This can be residential properties, neighborhoods, parks.  (Eg.: Central Park in New York, designed by the father of landscape architecture, Frederick Law Olmsted.)  LAs not only make these spaces aesthetically pleasing, they also strive to incorporate environmental qualities into them (water conservation, energy reduction).  From sustainable designs to walkable cities, landscape architecture is a broad field that deals with more than just plants and architecture.

This is a blog for my writing life, but I will occasionally talk about landscape architecture if it pertains to the post.

By the way, food is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment